My daughter and I have baked together since she was in a high chair and could hold a spoon. Before I became a Mom, I baked with my nieces and nephews and my Mom before that.
Well, Summertime is finally here!!!!! That means it’s time to bake…and I do mean bake a lot. It was our coping mechanism through all of the 2020 Pandemic craziness. Now, today, I’ve been going through my “Pandemic Pantry,” and discovered we have wwwwaaaaayyyyy too many baking ingredients and need to get stepping on it, to work through them all, before they reach their expiration date.
Now, if you are like me, you love a good peanut butter cookie!!! This recipe is super easy, kid-friendly, gluten-free and, simply, perfection when paired with an amazing cup of English Breakfast Tea! Here’s the simple recipe from our family to yours. Enjoy!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 raw egg
HOW TO MAKE:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat raw egg with a whisk.
3. Mix in sugar and peanut butter.
4. Form into walnut size balls and drop on parchment lined cookie sheets and flatten with a fork.
5. Imprint with fork in typical crisscross pattern.
6. Bake 10 minutes.
7. Sip your tea, enjoy the peanut butter perfection and be reminded that simple is often better in this life, than complex things.
Peace, Love and Aloha!
Mrs. Sassy Pants